The Garage Gardeners Radio Show
Garden Radio to Help You
Garden Beyond Your Zone
Live garden talk radio for zone-pushers and season extenders
The Garage Gardeners Radio Show is a garden radio show that talks to gardeners who are creative zone-pushers and season-extenders.
It's hosted by two “garage gardeners” who use their garage to push their own gardening boundaries. Steve stores his dormant fig, lemon, and brugmansia plants in the garage over the winter, while Emma gets an early start with tomatoes on the garage roof.
This show is about creatively gardening beyond your zone.
It’s about “upzoning” your garden.
May 2, 2018. Episode 3
We talk about straw-bale gardening and tomatoes with NC Tomatoman, a.k.a. Craig LeHoullier.
Craig is the author of the books Epic Tomatoes AND Growing Vegetables in Straw Bales. He is co-host of Tomatopalooza, and a co-leader of the Dwarf Tomato Breeding Project.
And something that is dear to our hearts: He has a garden where his driveway used to be!
- Tune in live Wednesday May 2, 2 p.m. (ET) on RealityRadio101
- April 2018: Gardening North of 60°
- March 2018: Year-Round Vegetable Gardening
Quick Facts: The Garage Gardeners Radio Show
- The Garage Gardeners is hosted by two extreme gardeners who use their garage as a season extender: 12-year-old garden writer and speaker Emma Biggs, and her father, horticulturist and author Steven Biggs
- The show airs on the first Wednesday of every month at 2 p.m. (ET)
- It broadcasts live on internet-based RealityRadio101
- We talk to home gardeners and professionals who are zone-pushers and season-extenders
- Regular segments: Tomato-Talk with Emma, and Biggs-on-Figs with Steven
- Have a question for our guest? E-mail us before the show and we'll try to cover your question
Need a thoughtful article? Need a compelling talk?
Need clean copy? On time?
The ▪ Food ▪ Chain
Farm Writer. Food Writer. Garden Writer. Garden Speaker.